Setting Up your Email in your hosting plan with cPanel
Setting up your email account in your web hosting plan is easy to do when using cPanel in the client area for a specific domain. You can check out our video guide here or simply follow these 9 quick steps to set up your e-mail.
Follow these steps to set up your free cPanel email account in your Hosting plan:
*Before you start ensure that you are logged in to the client area with the credentials that you used to create your web hosting account.
- First navigate to the client are and ensure that you are logged in as the administrator.
- Click Domains from the options.
- Choose the Control Panel for the domain name you wish to add email addresses to.
- Click Create e-mail Address.
- Select the Mailbox, followed by the email address for this email account. For example,email@example.com.
- Next, decide if you want to enter a Mailbox size. You can choose to use the default size or enter your own customised size.
- Create a password for the email account, and then confirm the password.
- Now click Mailbox, then enter the mailbox quota or size allowance.
- Click OK and you’re all set!
After you’ve created your e-mail account you can do further customisations from within cPanel. Alternatively, you can manage your e-mail account using an Email Client.
Note: In your email settings, your POP3 and SMTP setting for this email account will be mail.yourwebsite.com, where yourwebsite.com is your unique domain name. Your incoming username for the account is firstname.lastname@example.org. The outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication and uses the identical username and password as the incoming (POP3) server.