Thunderbird is an email client created by Mozilla. Many customers are looking for their next default email client. Your cPanel email can be configured to work with Mozilla Thunderbird.
This article will highlight how your cPanel email can be configured to work with Mozilla Thunderbird. This article is split into two sections.
Part 1: Configuring the Mozilla Thunderbird Client.
Part 2: Accessing your Mail Client Manual Settings.
Part 1: How Do I Configure Mozilla Thunderbird?
1. Download Thunderbird from the Mozilla website.
2. Launch Mozilla Thunderbird
3. Upon launching Mozilla Thunderbird, you will either be:
A. Prompted to log-in to your email account.
B. Be Logged into your email account. If you are already logged in, you will need to add another account.
a. To do this under “Set up an account” select the option “Email”.
5. Thunderbird will search for the Incoming and Outgoing mail server. If unsuccessful you will need to manually configure the connection settings.
6. Select the option “Manual Config”
7. Thunderbird will prompt you to enter your Server and Port for Incoming and Outgoing Mail.
8. To find your Server and Port refer to Part 2: How Do I Access My Mail Client Manual Settings?
9. To test the connection, select the option “Re-Test”
10. Once a connection has been established select the option “Done”
11. Well Done! Mozilla Thunderbird is now configured.
Part 2: How Do I Access My Mail Client Manual Settings?
1. Log-in to your Client Area
2. Select the option “Products and Services”
3. Select the Hosting Plan that you require!
4. The Product Dashboard will appear. On the left hand side, you will see a tab called Actions. Within this tab select the first option “Login To cPanel”
5. Within cPanel scroll down to the category “Email”
6. Select the first option “Email Accounts”
Under the email account you wish to configure select the option “Connect Devices”
8. Scroll down till you see “Mail Client Manual Settings”
9. Provided are your SSL/TLS Connection settings and your Non-SSL Connection Settings.